Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Eid Mubarak Celebration, Ukrainian, Egyptian & British Farewells


     Assalamualaikum. How are my readers doing so far ? October just say hello to us, huh ? Time really flies ! Within 2 months a lot of things took place. First, Uncle & family left for Kyiv. I was sad of course since the cousins who have never fail to put a smile on my face had to leave Malaysia. But I was very fortunate to get the opportunity to spend one whole day with the cousins, Uncle & Aunty at Sunway Pyramid two days before they flew to Kyiv. Alhamdulillah. I recorded my cousins singing to Payphone and dancing to The Wanted's hit song :) Every time I miss them, I'll watch the video and listen to their voices. Once again, Allah gave us the opportunity to send Uncle & his family off to Kyiv at KLIA on Merdeka Eve, August 30th, 2012. I cried when it was time for them to say their final goodbyes. We hugged each other, shook our hands and that's it, they were about to go on board. Uncle's last words to me was, "See you in the UK." I lost my words. Totally. Deep down, I keep that words to myself and slowly I started to think seriously about going to the UK to pursue my studies. Since they left, we Skype from time to time just to catch up with things that's going around. Alhamdulillah they are safe and sound in Kyiv now. One thing I can't deny, I'm MISSING them very very much. Aizad can speak in Malay better after one month staying in Kyiv - I couldn't stop from smiling every time I find myself reminiscing the way he said, "Ohhh yang tu... (Ohh that one)" Mummy said it could be the 'effect' from his new way of eating! Previously he'd use fork and spoon to eat and now he's eating with his right hand. :) Meanwhile, both cousin and Aunty been convincing me to fly to Kyiv for a vacation. Accommodation: Uncle's place. Flight ticket and shopping: still in progress :P Perhaps next year I'll go and visit them. Inshaallah ! Anyone wanna join me ? :D

Cousins :)

Skype with them on the 7th day they left Malaysia.
Our first Skype session.
The smiles that make me miss them more :'(

    Just one week later, Ainul, our good friend since primary religious school flew to Tanta, Egypt to continue her second year of dentistry studies. We were hoping to send her off at the airport, of course but too bad I haven't got the license and the other friends have no car to go to the airport. So, we just dropped by her house for Eid celebration and to wave goodbye to her.

With Ainul before she flew back to Tanta, Egypt
   
     That weekend, I invited my friends to my house for a small Eid celebration. Not as many as previous years that turned up but still those close friends, my 'lepak'-mates turned up and I hoped they enjoyed the food ! :) That's when I got the news where Kai Wen and Adrian are leaving for the United Kingdom on the 20th and 26th of October. Both of them were my classmates in high school, among the 'smarty' pants in 5 Science 1 :) All the best in the UK guys ! See you around Europe one day, Inshaallah :)

Among the closest high school friends
I can't ask Allah for a better circle of friends :)


My very first Chinese best friend
Sunway College friends, were once my housemates


Rania - dad's colleague's daughter
She's too cute, isn't it ? :)

     Not long after that, on September 24th, once again another good friend of ours, our 'lepak'-mate, our partner in crime, so called gossip-mate, Putri Hanisah had to leave for Alexandria, Egypt for her first year of MBBS studies. And this time, we (Aliah, Farah, Hani & I ) got the chance to send her off at the airport ! Azah did not come with us as she had classes that night. Fizah and Izzatti were still in Teluk Intan, Perak and Kuching, Sarawak.  The boys ? Errr, I've no idea. They went 'missing in action' on that particular day. The time when she finally had to leave us was devastating. Really. We hugged each other in a circle and immediately tears rolled down our cheeks. Somehow to let go one of your closest friend away is just a little too hard after years of being a close knit to each other. Because we realised its for the sake of her future, we leave it all to the Almighty. Allah, keep her safe and sound at all times, make her steadfast in her studies. Ameen, Ameen Ya Rabb. 

Since primary school :') We miss you Putri Hanisah !
Keep Calm & Get A Medic Scroll :D

More Eid photos :)
The man of intelligence
(Tun Mahathir - former Prime Minister of Malaysia)'s
Open House at The Mines Resort City :)
Izzatti's place before she flew back to Kuching, Sarawak
One final raya weekend at Putri's
3 days before she left for Alexandria :)

1 comment :

  1. That's a really great article. It's so inspiring. It made me somehow remember when I was learning from my teacher who is british ukrainian skype at http://preply.com/en/ukrainian-by-skype. Thank you for posting this.

    ReplyDelete