Assalamualaikum. I guess this blog is now full with spider webs. *shooooshh..... clean up clean up* Alright, it's now clean and clear from those spider webs. It was June 16, 2012 whereby another history is recorded in our life, those who support &listen to his timeless songs. Maher Zain was again back in our country. He loves Malaysia just as much as I do, I supposed ? Another promise fulfilled. He's back in his second home for a concert ! Maher Zain Live In Malaysia 2012 ! Yesss!
All praises to Allah for the opportunity to attend the concert. All praises to Allah for the good weather that night despite the haze that covered the sky. All praises to Allah for the stamina He gave to our dearest brother, Maher Zain as he sang 23 songs that night !
We arrived at Merdeka Stadium around 1815 Hours. Dad got to park the car at the VIP parking spots, next to Imam Muda's Alphards. We took photo with the guys too ! Took our tickets from the person we ordered and we headed to the stalls set up along the main entrance of the stadium to grab our dinner. Then, we went into the stadium to get ready for Maghrib prayer before entering the field where the concert was supposed to be.
 |
| With all the Imam Muda guys. iShy :) |
 |
| Cause I'm part of Maher Zain Malaysian Fan Club |
 |
| I ordered, dad paid. :) Thank you dad for paying the tickets ! SATISFACTION |
 |
| Maher Zain Live In Malaysia 2012: Forgive Me World Tour |
 |
| The stage |
2030 Hours... Irfan Makki entered and performed six songs started with Waiting For The Call. Well, Irfan performance wasn't that impressive but he has improved from his previous show during Maher Zain concert at Malawati Stadium, Shah Alam. Raef who is a Computer Science teacher in his hometown, Washington then took over the stage performing covers of With You, I'm Yours, a song he wrote for his future wife; My Love, It's Jumu'ah and etc. We thought Raef is married ! But the moment he quoted, "The next song is the song I wrote for my future wife.", crowd was 'awww'-ing & 'so sweet....' Such a beautiful and romantic song. You guys should listen to it ! Hihi When he was about to perform It's Jumu'ah, he said "I love Fridays. So this song is called It's Jumu'ah" I believe not many of the people know who he is when he first appeared on stage but the moment he sang It's Jumu'ah, everyone knows. After all, that song was once a hit on YouTube and Facebook ! I knew he's performing in KL since last week & I tweeted him before he's boarding for flight to KL, he replied !
 |
| Before he arrived in Kuala Lumpur |
 |
| 4 hours before the concert started |
 |
| Irfan Makki performing his first song. The opening: Waiting For The Call |
 |
| Raef performing With You |
 |
| I'm Yours |
 |
| While performing It's Jumu'ah |
2120 Hours... Raef left the stage. Crowd was screaming, cheering and wooo-ing for Maher Zain. It started with music played by the band, countdown & taaraaaa! Maher Zain appeared on stage singing Sepanjang Hidup with new music arrangement. From fast paced to slow and then to rock. He sang Mawlaya, Assalamu 'alayka, One Big Family, MashaAllah. My Little Girl was sang and dedicated to his adorable baby daughter; Aya Zain. He then said, "Now, I'm going to do something for all of you." The concert crew brought a piano on stage. "I'll play an instrumental, very old song which I composed many years ago, for the first time in front of others, live from Malaysia! I tweaked it a little bit." he said smiling. Calming and instrumental music of Thank You Allah by the pianist; Maher Zain brought us through his journey of becoming a better Muslim (whereby he was once so far from Islam but at the end of the tunnel, he saw a light to the right path. Alhamdulillah). He also sang So Soon with the piano. We were mesmerised by his fingers ! I'm touched by the beautiful lyrics, not only So Soon but all his songs !
 |
| My Little Girl for Aya Zain |
 |
| So Soon with piano |
Later, Maher invited Irfan Makki on stage to perform I Believe & Allah Hi Allah Kiya Karo. Crowd clapped hands according to the Urdu rhythm and sing along with them.The Hindustan/Pakistan concept was being perfected this time round. He also invited his friend for a musical instrument performance - solo session. Before he left us with his friend, he said, "I'm gonna leave you for like five minutes for a really good session with my friend." Crowd replied, "Nooooo..." "I'll be back. You'll love his show for five minutes. When I'm back, you'll see me performing all night long," teased him. He was back with a cover of Man In The Mirror (late Michael Jackson's song). "This is not my song, but you know this song." That wasn't bad at all. In fact, Maher rapped in that song too !
 |
I Believe
Next, he sang For The Rest of My Life. The song reminded us to his previous concert last year whereby before he started he quoted, "I dedicate this song for my wife." That was probably the sweetest and romantic moment of all. As usual, when it came to the last part of this timeless song, he'll change a bit - "I know it deep in my heart, And now that you're here in front of me, I strongly feel SAYANG" He asked his bandmates to stop the music. "I want to test them. Let me test you. You are the number ?" Crowd didn't get it the first round. "I want you to respond me 'pangpangpang' when I test you. Ready?" "Yes!" "You are the number?" "One for me!" "You are the number number number number number?" "One for me!" "Alright, let's sing with me." So, then he sang the song he wrote for all the mothers titled Number One For Me. Radhitu Billahi Rabba was also sang later followed by Ku MilikMu, Forgive Me, Freedom, Paradise & Inshaallah (mixed of Malay & English version). He then introduced and thanked each and everyone of his bandmates, the men behind the successful concert. 5 to 6 men in his band were Malaysians! (Proudnesssss!) :) He also thanked the organisers, the sponsors & all of us who attended the concert. The song Barakaallah ended the memorable night. Thank you so much Brother Irfan Makki, Brother Raef & most of all Brother Maher Zain for such impressive performances. We enjoyed the night to max ! And we're looking forward to another concert of yours, here in Kuala Lumpur :) May Allah bless you and keep you in His protection at all times. Wassalam.
|
 |
| Ku MilikMu |
 |
| Paradise |
 |
| Forgive Me |
@RaefMusic brought me here. Good review Anis :)
ReplyDeleteThank you for spending your time to read this entry. Appreciate it :) Were you there at Merdeka Stadium last Saturday ?
Deleteyea.. @RaefMusic brought me here too...i enjoy reading this till end! tqvm
ReplyDeleteHi there ! Thank you for enjoying this piece of entry. Appreciate it :)Are you Malaysian ?
Deletebro Raef brought me here too. haha! nice one! =D
ReplyDeleteSalam Yan.haziyana. I should thank brother Raef for bringing you and the rest here. I've no idea where he found out about this entry but Alhamdulillah, at least he realised it. Thank you for your time :) Have a great day ahead !
Delete@RaefMusic brought me here too.. :) Maher Zain read this! lucky you :))
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed reading, wish I could meet them oneday :(
Salaamalayk. I'm thankful and grateful that brother Raef brought you here . And Alhamdulillah brother Maher read this. At least, they know we love having them in KL :) Thank you for enjoying this entry. I wish to meet them too one day, Inshaallah. Don't be sad. Pray ! Pray ! Pray ! May Allah bless you XD
Delete@RaefMusic brought me here...^_^ MashaAllah...Nice one Anis...I was one of the audience that night. Sat at the fifth row from the stage and I believe your view was better than mine...^_^ Thank you for putting it in writing and quoted on Maher's statements...I miss those moments...I'm looking forward for his next concert too...^_^ To bro Maher, bro Irfan and bro Raef.. & not forgotten, bro Wassim and bro Sharif.. I've personally met you guys.. such a humble and a good brother. Keep up your da'wah...Malaysia will always be there for you...^_^
ReplyDeleteHi there ! Masha Allah brother Raef has brought many readers to my blog. May allah bless him. You were there too ? Alhamdulillah. Eventhough I sat at the back; but I enjoyed my view. It's okay, let's hope the next concert you'll get a better seat XD Thank you for spending your time to read this entry.
Deleteyou are the best! ;)
ReplyDeleteSalaam Amirul Naqib Bin Amirnuddin. Thank you for spending your time to read this entry of mine. Appreciate it. XD I saw your pictures with brother Maher Zain, should have ask me to come along and meet up with brother Maher Zain. LOL joking !
Delete@RaefMusic brought me here... a very good sharing... :)
ReplyDeleteHi Linda Amri ! Another reader brought by brother Raef. :) Thank you for reading ! Appreciate it :) Have a great weekend ahead !
DeleteAlhamdulillah.. Good review Anis. Quite detail n ur quotes on Maher's words keep me smiling all the way.. Keep it up.. It was also my pleasure 2 help u + family n other MZMFC's member to get the tickets 4 the concert.. :)
ReplyDeleteWell, as usual, Maher never disappointed us at all.. He did his very best this time around. Extremely focussed n energetic! [Applause!Applause! ^_^]Thumbs up to Raef as well as Irfan for their good performance too.. Already miss them so much.. >_<
Salaam Kak Aryn MZMFC. Thank you for spending your time to read this blog post. Thank you for helping me and the rest to get the tickets :)
DeleteIndeed, brother Maher never let us dissapointed ! And I can't deny that he did way better this year. Hoping and looking forward to another concert of theirs :) I miss them too ! I wish there's VCD of the concert being sold. Have a great weekend ahead, kak :)
What a great memory you have :)
ReplyDeleteSalaam Aiman... I'm grateful that Allah bestowed me with a good memory :) Thank you for spending your time to read this. Appreciate it !
Deletewooooww... i think it was soooo great concert. i am soo envy. hehe. i wish maher zain would make such a great concert too in Indonesia. :)
ReplyDeleteHi catatanrifa ! Yes, indeed it was a great, successful concert and we had a great time during the concert ! Don't be. Pray that brother Maher will come to Indonesia and sing for all of you in a concert ! Pray ! Pray ! Pray ! XD
Deleteheya, my name is rifa. but that is my ID on wordpress. hehe. anyway, congrats u got a lot of viewer on ur blog because Maher post ur link. :D
Deletebtw, from information in MZIFC, the concert will be held in the end of this year. :)
Hey! Oppsss sorry ! I replied everyone's comments based on the ID stated there. Thank you.. All praises to God the Almighty. I never thought brother Maher would read and share it on his Facebook. But I did hoped, wished & dreamt for it eventhough I know it would be possible for that to happen.
DeleteReally ? Glad to hear that ! Enjoy then ! I wish I can go to Indonesia for that :) Thank you for reading and commenting . Have a great weekend ahead !
keep smiling while reading your writing..
ReplyDeletethank you for bring us the memories like it's just happened yesterday!
Hi there ! Thank you for smiling while reading my entry :) Appreciate it so much ! You're most welcome . I'm sure you too enjoyed every moment at the stadium on Saturday :)
Deleteit was an osemmmm story..semangat Anis! ^_^
ReplyDeleteHi Era Syairah Semangat ! Thank you for reading :) Appreciate it ! Were you there at the Merdeka Stadium last Saturday ?
Deleteno biggie ^_^
Deleteperrggghhhh... untung la Maher Zain ping blog dia kat wall Maher Zain! :)
ReplyDelete@maher zain (fb fanpage) brought me here! u r so lucky!! ^_^
ReplyDeleteHi snasatieka ! Thank you for spending your time to read it. Alhamdulillah, he (brother Maher) read it :)
DeleteSalam Anis,really enjoy reading your update about Maher zain :)
ReplyDeletebtw,where are studying right now?because we're in the same field (chemical engineering).
Wassalam nnisa azizan. Thank you for your time :) I appreciate it. I'll be enrolling for Degree this July. It may be in Monash. Finally, I get to know someone from the same field :D Where are you studying ?
Delete**where are you studying right now?
ReplyDeletemaher zain brought me to your blog!! :-) wauw!
ReplyDeleteHello there ! i'm thankful that brother Maher read it. I was just hoping and dreaming. Never thought it will come true. Thank you for your time :)
DeleteMaher Zain brought me to ur blog too!!! Great reviews n pictures....
ReplyDeleteHopes he come to Singapore again... ;)
Hi there ! Thank you for your time. Another reader brought by brother Maher ! I appreciate it. Inshaallah he'll come to Singapore again. Pray ! Pray ! Pray !
DeleteAgain, A veeery good review Anis.. oh hey I'm Anis Nadiah :p ;)
ReplyDelete*proudnessss* :p
Hey Anis Nadiah, my new friend ! :) Thank you so much ! I appreciate
DeleteMaher Zain brought me here too..Nice and very detail reviews...good job!
ReplyDeleteHi ALIF ! Alhamdulillah :) Thank you for spending a little time to read it, I appreciate it
DeleteSLAMUALIKOUM
ReplyDeleteYOU ARE SO SWEET BUT PARDON ME I THOUGHT YOU"RE A BOY FIRST FROM YOUR NAME :D
in Egypt anis is a boy I'm sorry !!:$
but now I can tell you that I loved your way and I loved malysia from pictures and comments that maher writes about it and now i'm dreaming that one day I could come and spend my honeymoon there :D:D
maybe I'll inshaa'Allah ...and I wish I could attend one concert for maher there too ^_^
thanx for sharing your moments ^_^
walaa ^_^
Salamalayk. Wuuu, the longest comment so far ! Thank you for your time :) I appreciate it. In Malaysia, Anis is a name for both boys and girls. But mostly over here, girls have that name eventhough it's taken from boy's name. Inshaallah I pray that you'll spend your honeymoon in Malaysia & you'll be given the chance to attend brother Maher's concert ! He wants to have a concert over here at least once aa year - so, choose your date & come !:) I wrote it for myself at first. Never thought brother Maher, brother Raef & you all will read it. My pleasure :)
Deletesalam anis, maher zain brought me here. Such a good review from you :) I was there too, but my seat was a bit far from your seat hehe. anyway,keep on supporting his music ^~^
ReplyDeleteSalam Cikgu AL, Alhamdulillah. Thank you for your time :) You must be enjoying the concert too ! Am i right ? I'll keep on supporting his music cause it has brought myself to another level in becoming a better muslim :) Inshaallah
Deletetrès beau...je profite de l'occasion pour dire à Maher Zain "chapeau...Bravo" pour tout ce que tu fais pour les nécessiteux. ta un grand coeur...<3 continue comme ca, inchallah beaucoup de hassenet pour toi Maher!!!! Dieu te bénisse et te protège.
ReplyDeletemerci beaucoup de lire mon blog. bon weekend et ne hésitez pas à visiter mon blog encore :)
Delete@MaherZain brought me here..always keeping up with him lol ;)
ReplyDeleteSalam sis..thanks for sharing these beautiful & magical moments with us,i havent got the chance to be in MaherZain's concert yet and its my dream to be someday inshallah but reading ur blog makes me feel like i'm right there in the concert and seeing everything & everyone...thanks so much for this :)
Wassalam Nawsheen Moosajee. Another reader brought by my muslim brother, Maher :) Alhamdulillah. I wrote it for myself at first. I never thought brother Maher & you all would read it. I pray that someday, you'll be given the chance to attend his concert :) My pleasure, Nawsheen! Thank you for your kind words ! If I may ask, where are you from ?
Deletesorry for late reply been busy..yes i'm from Mauritius sis :)
DeleteHi, sorry for the late reply too. Mauritius ? Woww ! Beautiful country. Never been there, heard from others it's a beautiful island. Hope to go there one day. :) have you been to Malaysia before ?
Deleteso amazing. masha allah very nice:)
ReplyDeleteHi there ! Thank you for spending your precious few minutes here to read it :) Have a great weekend ahead !
DeleteDear Anis ... Just want to rectify. Allah Hi Allah Kiya Karo is in Urdu not Hindi.
ReplyDeleteHi noraini, thank you. I've corrected it after doing some research about this. There is similarity between Hindi & Urdu. Urdu applies more Arabic words where as Hindi apploes more Sanskrit words. Thank you again :)
Deleteassalamualaikum. dear, anis. tq for the best review. u r very lucky can watched maher zain while i stuck in my campus study for my next papers.im so jealous with u. huhuhu. may Allah bless. ^^
ReplyDeleteWassalam dear reader. Thank you for spending your time to read it. Alhamdulillah, I'm thankful to be given the chance to attend the concert. Don't be. There are probably hundreds (by now) video from the concert being uploaded on YouTube. You can now watch it :) May Allah bless you too !
DeleteAlhamdullilah, got to read your blog. It's all smiling till I did not realised its end of the page. Enjoy it very much and I thank you. Brother Maher Zain amazing singing 26 songs and I hope he will be here in Singapore for the second time to do the same and I'm the first again to get the early bird ticket! Insyaallah ..... Btw, looking forward to see brother Irfan Makki and brother Raef too....
ReplyDeleteSalaam.. Thank you for spending your precious few minutes here to read this piece of writing. I appreciate it. Yes, indeed he's amazing that he sang 23 songs that night. Inshaallah, they will come to Singapore and do the same. Pray ! Pray ! Pray !
DeleteMasya-Allah, what a great piece of reporting :)
ReplyDeleteSalam Nurul Ain J.. Thank you for your kind words. Thank you for spending your precious few minutes here to read this piece of writing too ! :) Appreciate it very much
DeleteREALLY U ARE SOOOOO LUCKY!!
ReplyDeleteI WAS IN MAHER ZAIN CONCERT IN BARCELONA AND WAS GREAT!
BUT I DIDN'T THE OPORTUNITY TO SPEAK WITH HIM MUCH, ONLY A BIT LIKE:
"Assalamu3alaykom" AND I REPLY "wa3alaykomusalam" :'(
BUT WAS GREAT THE CONCERT!! :D I WAS IN THE FIRST LINE :)
Hi yousraMZFC ! ALhamdulillah, glad that you had a great time at his concert. No, I didn't get to meet him up in person. But he communicated with us while he's on stage. Thank you for reading by the way :)
DeleteSalam...it such a nice blog,dear sis..I enjoyed reading it...congrats 4 u..... :D NurHidayah_Malaysia
ReplyDeleteWassalam NurHidaya_Malaysia. Thank you for spending some of your time to read this entry. I appreciate it :)
DeleteMaher Zain brought me here.....Nice 1! Had goosebumps whilst reading it!
ReplyDeleteHi there ! Alhamdulillah, another reader brought by brother Maher Zain. Thank you for your kind words and thank you for spending some time to read this entry :)
Deletestyloooo la anis.! Bangga aku dengan kau ..!
ReplyDeletelupa pulak, aku aiman sk seksyen 1 :)
DeleteAimaaaannnnn ! Thank you for reading and thank you for your kind words! Tak pernah terfikir orang akan baca blog ni. Alhamdulillah
DeleteHUAAAAA!! Jeles tahap melampau dh ni!! I wanted to go but I just didn't have the cash T___T" Brother Raef replied your tweets!! You're the one who got it,I'm the one who's excited O_o" Nice blog btw.Hit me back yeah? ;-)
ReplyDeleteHi Choki ! Nah, pray one day you'll be given the chance to go ! Pray ! Pray ! Pray ! Alhamdulillah.... Thank you for your kind words. Thank you for spending some of your time to read it :)Appreciate that .
Deleteawesome.....!!!
ReplyDeleteHi rashed ! Thank you for your kind word. Thank you for spending your precious time here: )
Delete