Thursday, April 26, 2012

In Memory

No more daily calls from him,
No more birthday wishes and presents from him,
No more high achievers presents from him,
No more "Anis, I'm having a back pain, please massage me. Anis, tolong garu belakang badan atuk."
No more "Lock the gate and grill properly. Stay inside. Take care."
No more "When are you coming to my house? When can I see you?"
No more "My birthday is around the corner!"
No more "Buy top up for me. Buy me a chapatti, a tosai, fresh milk, orange juice, 100 Plus, etc."
No more "When is your exam? Do your best!"
No more "Where are you going this weekend." "Where have you been?"
No more "I don't want to eat those medicines."
No more "I'm tired of all this."
No more "There's no need to go to the hospital. Take some medicines for me at the clinic nearby."
No more "I'm fine being alone in the ward. You go home and rest."
No more "I want to go to Malacca this weekend. Drive me there."

Thank you for scolding, guiding and advising me when I'm wrong,
Thank you for picking me up from kindergarten every single day and sending me to school back days when I was in SKTM2,
Thank you for bringing my 3 cousins (Wafiq, Afrina & Aina) and I to our favourite place; Perdana Lake Garden when we were still kids,
Thank you for all the grandpa-granddaughter conversations,
Thank you for showing your eternal love to all of us,
Thank you for 'troubling' us at times cause without that we will not appreciate you that much,
Thank you for all the stories during your younger days, on how you brought up your children, and all, 
Thank you for your presence for the past 19 years of my life,
Thank you for everything, grandpa.

Because from you I learned that money is not everything in this life. You raised your kids going through hardships yet today they hold important positions in various sectors,
Because from you I learned that life is not about having enemies,
I argued a lot with you when I was a small kid,
I may not be one of your favourite grandchildren,
I may not be the granddaughter you wanted me to be,
But I love you and I will always do,
I'm sorry for all the wrongdoings and for not being a good granddaughter to you.

When I kissed on both of your cheeks for the last time and see the smile on your face when they were preparing to bury you, I know you are in a better place and better Hands now,
The memories that we had with you will always be in our hearts and will not fade away as time goes by,
Thank you so much, grandpa,
Rest in eternal peace,
You will be missed deeply.

Jaafar Bin Abdullah
March 19, 1942 - April 10, 2012


O Allah, grant our family especially grandma the strength to continue this life. Ameen.

"Every soul will taste death. And We test you with evil and with good as trial; and to Us you will be returned." Quran - 21:35

"Every soul is destined to experience the agony of death." Quran - 3:185

No comments :

Post a Comment